Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Your first Christmas in San Antonio

Hello my sugarplum,

Well, its a few days after christmas, we're just one day short of ringing in the new year and at this moment you are sleeping soundly in my lap completely twisted in a way that could only be comfortable to a soft cuddly baby. I know you're probably wondering why I won't put you in the crib or pack n play - simply because you've started taking short naps instead of long ones sooooooooooo I'm going to get as much blogging done as you'll allow me right now :)

Your first christmas was packed with love and excitement.
Our first visit was to your Nana and Momo's house in San Antonio where , just as I expected, you were showered with tons of toys and to our delight you even appeared to take interest in a few of them already - especially those with lights and sounds. We laid you across Momo's lap as Daddy opened the gifts for you and played with them...yes Daddy played with them "for you " he says. You cooed a few times and kicked when we showed you each present almost as if you knew what was happening. A mama can pretend you knew what was up right?!



Here is Nana giving you carinos as we gather your gifts together.
Your gifts included lots of learning toys from Leapfrog and Baby Einstein so pretty soon we're going to start teaching you all about colors and numbers. I can't wait! You're going to be the smartest kid in school.
Daddy took some photos of just the two of us together. Once in a while I hear that you look like me, but most people say you look just like daddy. Only time will tell. If you ask me, I say you have my eyes and smile, but you have daddy's eyebrows and lips. As for the forehead, hehe, well I *thought* your hairline was just like mama's until I saw daddys baby photo. I'll post that up later so you can see just where you got that cowlick up front you'll probably grow to hate.



After spending the night here we set out on your first road trip to the Rio Grande Valley; Mcallen,Tx to be specific where your other grandparents and aunts live. To be honest with you, we were pretty nervous about taking such a long trip with you because we weren't sure if you'd enjoy being in the car for 4.5 + hours. But much to our surprise, you only woke up once both ways and it was at the same spot where we always stop to stretch our legs. Awesome! You rock!

Here you are with Daddy after getting some mama juice. Once your belly was full you were ready for the remaining 2.5 hour drive.
Mom took the first photo while the elf took the "real" photo with Santa. You are the cutest santa helper just like your onesie says.


No comments:

 

For Rowan David | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL