Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Giggle fits

Everyone says it : newborns don't smile. It's gas.

HOGWASH.

You smiled hours after you were born. You smile in your sleep, when we kiss you, when I rub your scalp in circles (that's a fave of your daddy's too and he wrinkles his forehead the same way you do).

Today we were playing "who's in the mirror" and you were seeing yourself when I started to kiss your forehead and there it was - your smile that melts my heart. There's no doubt you have your daddy's lips, but when you smile its a bit of both dad and I. You have these cute little dimples in the creases of your smile that don't always show, but when they do I see a bit of me in them. Then there's your "crooked smile". And then the smirk that shows that one dimple on your left cheek. I've yet to get it in a photo, but don't worry. I will.






After a good giggle you finally fell asleep. I love it when you fall asleep on me. You snore really softly and make the cutest noises. I'll definitely need to get it on video one day.










I put you in the bouncer and shortly after Smokey & Princess came over to keep you company.
We're trying to teach them to know who you are by name and they're pretty smart so it won't be long before they understand Rowan means the cute little baby in the house. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that is definitely a smile and not gas -- how adorable!

 

For Rowan David | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL